ABOUT EVIDENCE SCIENCES
Keeping our patients and staff safe
COVID-19, keeping our patients and staff safe
With the recently announced pandemic by the World Health Organisation, Evidence Sciences is committed to safe practices in line with health updates being provided to the community.
We would like to reassure you that all our staff are committed to the health of the community broadly and have a heightened awareness of hand and environmental hygiene, as well as their own health status.
What does this mean for you?
Our staff will take the time between patient visits to wash their hands and to wipe over surfaces. They will also not attend work if they have cold or flu symptoms or may put others at risk. Our new protocols can be seen below.
You will be greeted with a smile instead of a handshake.
What does this mean for us?
That we ask that you are also aware of your own hand hygiene and health status.
We are updating our staff daily on new information relating to Coronavirus and will continue to apply every new measure advised by the Australian Government. For more information about the COVID-19 Coronavirus see the Queensland Government website.
At this time of community disruption I’d like to personally thank you for continuing to support our clinic and the clinical trials we undertake.
Dr Beth Steels
Exposure to COVID-19 is a potential hazard to staff and others at workplaces and the following procedure will be implemented at the clinic from Thursday 12th March 2020.
We are following all the precautions and advice recommended by federal and state governments to ensure our practice continues to be a safe environment, including:
- Providing hand sanitiser upon entrance to our clinic. We request everyone to disinfect their hands before entering the clinic.
- Restricting the number of people in the clinic to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Wiping down surfaces frequently throughout the day. This includes but is not limited to EFTPOS terminals, phones, chairs, pens and door handles.
- Removing magazines and unnecessary display items from our waiting room.
- Please cancel your appointment if you have a temperature or any cold or flu like symptoms
- Installation of the Australian Department of Health COVIDSafe app on Smartphone devices; the application ensures everyone that has activated the app in the event they have possibly been exposed to the Coronavirus the Department of Health is able to contact that individual and organise COVID-19 testing, monitor their health and give advice in regard to self-isolation.
We strongly encourage our patients to download the app via the Apple App Store https://apps.apple.com/au/app/covidsafe/id1509242894 or Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.health.covidsafe&hl=en and assist the Australian community in reducing the further spread of the virus.
Personal Measures For Staff
Recommended personal measures to minimise risk include:
- Cleaning your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based hand rub when soap and water is not available
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with into a tissue or a flexed elbow. Discarding any tissues into a bin after a single use
- Avoiding contact with anyone with flu or cold-like symptoms
- Maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 m from others where practical
- Avoiding confined spaces where practical
- If you feel unwell, think you have symptoms of the virus or have been in contact with a person who may have be ill, do not come to work, isolate and contact your GP.
Measures Taken In Our Clinic
Measures taken to minimise risk include:
- Avoiding handshakes or physical contact with clients or others
- Hand-washing / use of alcohol based hand rub before and after working with clients, also made available to clients
- Wiping down therapy chairs, desks, tables, doorhandles and EFTPOS terminal after each client and the start and end of each day
- Avoiding working with clients who have flu or cold-like symptoms
- Client are to be booked with a 15 minute window between clients when making appointments to make allowances for these new measures to be implemented
We have provided the following to be used as preventative measures as well as protocols for their use:
- Disinfectant wipes to be used on surfaces, chairs, door handles etc.
- Disinfectant soap for hand-washing
- Alcohol based hand rub. Please be mindful in using this as it is in very short supply and vigorous hand washing using soap for 20 seconds is more effective as a containment measure
- Paper hand towels for hand drying
- Plastic cups for your use and client use
- Bin for disposing of potentially hazardous waste
Please keep in mind that the general population including our clients may be anxious about the Coronavirus so it is important that whatever measures we take do not increase their anxiety. To assist with this, if possible please try to take any protective measures are necessary before clients arrive at the clinic.